Monday, August 4, 2014

29 Weeks


I'm 29 weeks this week and I'm beyond excited that next week I'll be in the 30's. It's all going by so fast, so I'm feeling the pressure of impending delivery within the next two months. Oh boy there is still so much to do! Keeping myself busy preparing the house and all of her things will probably make the time go by even faster (I hope!).


My belly button is really starting to stick out now, enough for me to see through some of the shirts that I wear. Emily seems to enjoy pushing it out with her foot, too. The other day I was sitting down and all of a sudden I felt my belly button pop out really far. I pulled my shirt up and I could see she had her foot right there, so I tickled her foot (or possibly another small body part) with my fingers and she played back, pushing against my fingers. It was amazing to see and feel <3.

I'm now on pill medication to help with my blood sugar numbers (only one pill before lunch) and so far I've been okay. I've learned that I really can't eat too many carbs for dinner, even though my meal plan says I should have at least 45. When I stay a little bit under 40 and eat as much meats as I can stomach my numbers are great. Hopefully this will be all I need to do to manage it for now. My OB was out of office last week due to an emergency delivery so I will see him on Friday this week, and I'll be asking him about my delivery plan (and whether or not my diabetes will make me deliver earlier). I'm excited to have a more exact time-frame, but if I still have to wait to know I'm sure we'll discuss it soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment