Tuesday, August 12, 2014

30 Weeks, Baby Shower and Nesting

I'm literally amazed that we are now into the 30th week of pregnancy, two more weeks and I will be 8 months along!


My belly button is officially an "outie" now, and Emily is extremely active. Last night, as I was trying to sleep, I was kept awake by what felt like a couple of gerbils running laps around my belly hehehe. Even Daddy talks about how strong her kicks are. I'm at the point now where I can use my belly as a mini table for cups and small plates, too.


On Saturday we had our baby shower and it was wonderful! I never got to have our shower when I was pregnant with Evelyn, she was delivered about two months before we were planning on having ours, so even though it was emotional for me to have this one I wanted to make it extra special. We rented a banquet room at a local hotel and invited some friends and family. There were some fun games (the belly string game, "Think Like Mom!", baby word scramble/find, etc.) and I made sure to give out LOTS of candy. The way I saw it was if I couldn't have any, everyone else needs to enjoy it for me hehe. I did get to eat my ONE special cake pop, with my dietitian's approval, and it was delicious!

We got a lot of wonderful things for Emily and I'm so thankful for everyone's gifts. I know she is going to love everything! Our nursery is about 95% completed now, this is what it looked like after I unpacked her gifts:



And since my nesting has kicked in so strongly, I honestly can't keep myself still. I'm constantly going into her room and fixing little things or decorating here and there. My latest additions are these cute (and very inexpensive) colorful letters and butterflies stickers. I put some over her crib and some near the rocking chair where I have all of her books and will be reading to her.



We're both getting so excited about meeting our baby girl soon, she will be here before we know it. All I can do now is continue to be positive that we will make it through these next few weeks with good health and at the end of all of this we will have a beautiful gift to cherish.

No comments:

Post a Comment