Monday, March 31, 2014

Weeks 10 and 11

This past two weeks has been filled with some physical ups and downs, but I can safely say that this is the best that I've felt in weeks.

Double digits now! My week 10 belly:


My 10th week was spent with some seriously intense sciatic pains that went all the way down my left leg, which surprised me but I felt it coming on over the weeks. I have had some aches and pains this pregnancy but that really took the breath out of me. Thankfully after it escalated it suddenly, almost overnight, in the middle of my 10th week went almost completely away.

The nice part of that week was my appetite finally came back and it hit HARD. Poor Dylan is a little shocked by this. He bought me a small carrot cake slice and turned his head for just a few seconds only to turn back and find me licking the wrapper, and he just asked, "Where did you put that?!?" haha! And if he's eating I end up looking at him like a hungry puppy looking for scraps. At least the nausea has gone down a whole lot!

My week 11 belly taken on Sunday:


So far symptom-wise my 11th week seems to be my best. VERY little nausea, a little more energy, but when I get tired it hits me like a mac truck haha. Walking in the grocery store wore me out quite a bit today. I was taking fish oil vitamins before and for the first few months of this pregnancy, and I felt they were adding to the nausea. I decided to try and see if the vitamins were the culprit, so last week I stopped taking them (for now) and I'm feeling much better. I might try a new brand and see if that helps :).

This week I feel like I've "popped out" a bit more than in the past weeks. This picture was taken at 6:00am before any food or drink, and it's looking much more round. I had to drive Dylan to go on a trip for work for a week and I've been a little bummed out that he is not here for the next few days. I didn't realize how vulnerable I would feel without him, and the worry that if anything happened to him it would be just me and the baby, or if anything happened to the baby he would be across the state. That's probably a normal pregnancy worry to have. The good thing is that he's been so sweet with my belly and got down on one knee outside of his job to give it kisses before he drove off for work, and the first thing I saw this morning was a text from him saying "baby kisses". He is my rock and a very proud daddy <3.

On our way to the second trimester!

No comments:

Post a Comment