Sunday, June 22, 2014

23 Weeks


Alrighty.. T minus 7 days until I reach 24 weeks. Any day thereafter will not only be the longest I've ever reached in pregnancy, but after 24 weeks Emily will reach "viability", which basically means that if for any reason she were to be born so early she would have a good chance of survival (40-70%) with the help of the NICU. Each week after 24 weeks increases those odds and at 30 weeks and up she will have a 95% chance. So my absolute goal to bring her into this world safely is to at least reach 30 weeks with no problems but ultimately 37-38 weeks would be the safest time for us.

As far as my last week goes it has been pretty nice. She has been kicking me every morning and night! I can feel some twists and rolls every once in a while but more often than not it feels like she is doing jumping jacks. She has a very different way of moving than Evelyn did; Emily jumps up and down and kicks over and over and over for a duration of time, whereas Evelyn would roll and flip ALL the time with few strong kicks, and every loud sound would startle her into doing more rolls. Emily seems to be okay with loud sounds for now, except one hard sneeze of mine made her start kicking the other night hehe.

My symptoms this week have been easy to manage for the most part. I now have heartburn at night though which I can't say that I enjoy! I have to prop myself up with some pillows and sleep on an incline so that helps some. Also if I skip eating for more than 2 hours I suddenly feel like I'm literally caving in and I get pretty cranky haha. I need to start carrying around snack bars with me for this reason. I'm having a hard time getting onto my feet from sitting on the couch now, too, and Dylan just giggles at me and watches me try.

He has been such a great Daddy. Every morning before he leaves for work he gives the baby kisses and lays his head on her for a few minutes, and every night when he comes home he rubs my bump and smiles the biggest smile. That smile gets bigger as my bumps grows too :). Just this morning he was talking to my belly and telling her, "When you get here Emily I'm going to feed you so many potatoes (his favorite food). Mashed potatoes, garlic mashed potatoes, home fries, potato pancakes, french fries...." He's too cute sometimes.

On Thursday I have another cervix check and more P17 shots. We'll see how that goes. I'm crossing my fingers that nothing has changed a bit! We're on our way to 6 whole months!

No comments:

Post a Comment