Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Third Trimester!

This is my 26th week and I am beyond grateful that we've finally made it into the third trimester. I've never been this far along so this week I am learning about the things that come along with my growing belly.


I'm amazed at the flips, twists, kicks and punches Emily does now. At times it almost scares me to feel so much power behind the movements and to actually be able to see my belly shape-shift all day long, not to mention it can be a little painful hehe. She is most active now in the late mornings and most of the afternoon, with long breaks until late evening when she picks back up. She is constantly favoring the right side of my belly and now I can even feel kicks up near my ribs (but not quiet that high yet). And to top all of that off, Monday morning I woke up to a popped-out belly button, and Daddy thought that was the greatest thing haha! She also responds a lot to his voice :).

My change in diet is going well so far, I still have two more days until I meet with the nutritionist. I'm dying to have some chocolate but I'm eating much healthier so it's for the best. I've noticed that I feel a bit "cleaner" eating this way. The only downside is I've been getting really grumpy without having any of my precious sweets and when I go a little too long without eating I think my blood sugar gets a little low, especially now that I'm not eating big meals like I was. We'll see soon though what else I'll need to do. Hopefully it won't be too much!

T-minus 10 weeks until my cerclage gets removed!

No comments:

Post a Comment