Monday, July 7, 2014

25 Weeks -- Nursery Paint and Glucose Test

I have a lot to share today :).


This week has been very nice. Emily is kicking and making my belly jump like crazy, especially in the early morning/afternoon hours. I can easily tell when she is in a new position now. When she is down low and in a ball it's very hard to walk normally, but when she moves up high I can feel her pressing on my stomach and I get full much quicker. It's amazing how in just a few months she has gone from a little pink line on a test to being roughly the size of a small eggplant.

On the 4th of July my husband and I decided to paint the nursery early. He had a wonderful 4 day weekend and took it upon himself to get some work done while he had the time to do it. The color we both picked out looks so awesome and it really goes well with the color scheme we're planning on doing. I nearly cried when it was all finished.


After the room was painted we noticed that someone was shooting off fireworks nearby and we could actually see them very well from her window. So we decided to sit on the floor in the dark and watch them together for a while, it was a very bittersweet moment. The fireworks were going off as a small storm cloud nearby had lightning lighting up some of the sky. I thought it really symbolized how we felt at that moment. A little bit of chaos mingled with the beauty. Our joyous moments will always have a little bit of fear underneath them.


I've also finally finished the baby blanket that I started right after my test was positive. It's been in the works for literally about 20 weeks, and it took me so long because silly me thought it would be a great idea to crochet a blanket with a single crochet stitch, which is the smallest one and takes the longest haha. I didn't anticipate it taking SO long to finish but thankfully I'm DONE! Dylan also suggested that I make some matching things to go along with the blanket, so I whipped up a hat and a really cute pair of capri pants (my first ones ever!).


My last little update is about my first time doing the glucose test today for gestational diabetes. I've heard lots of stories about how icky the drink is and no one ever seems to enjoy the experience hehe so I was prepared for a long, gross morning. I fasted from 10:00pm last night and went in at 8:00am this morning. They took my blood first, then gave me a drink that was lime flavor (it tasted like REALLY flat, warm 7UP). I had another blood draw an hour later, and then a third draw an hour after that. All on the same arm too so I was covered in cotton balls and tape when I came home :P. Needless to say after fasting for 12+ hours I ate like a horse the minute I walked in the door! At least Emily liked the sugar drink, she was moving around so much that I was able to watch my belly tossing and turning as I waited.

Only 3 more days until our growth ultrasound!

No comments:

Post a Comment