Monday, May 12, 2014

17 Weeks and Mother's Day

I turned 17 weeks on Mother's Day Sunday, and I cannot be more thankful for everything and everyone in my life. My round ligament pains have eased up quite a bit thanks to some walking around that I've been doing, and my belly seems to have really grown in just a week's time.

 
My husband made my day so special, it makes me happy knowing that my happiness makes him happy hehe. He gave me a nice back massage (which I desperately needed!) and then decided to take me out for the day. I indulged in a half-caffeinated coffee from my favorite place and that little bit was beyond tasty since I switched to decaf when I was around 12 weeks, and I'm a coffee freak. Then we picked up my sister in law and we went out to another favorite restaurant of mine for lunch, mmm pizza!

After we ate he took us shopping and had me try on a ton of different maternity clothes. The day before was my first time this pregnancy where my regular pants were just too tight that I needed to wear my maternity shorts, so I was in need of a wardrobe update. I also had a moment just like I did when I went shopping while Evelyn was in the hospital on Mother's Day (2012) and I saw a shirt that said  "Hot Mama" that I loved, and it was the only one of it's kind and happened to be in my size, then I found this shirt yesterday (again, only one they had):


So now I have a shirt for each of my girls to commemorate the special day <3.

Later on after we went shopping at two different stores we met up with my mother in law and showed her our ultrasound DVD since she wasn't able to be with us on Saturday. I didn't realize how sweet the DVD was, we picked out Rockabye Baby Beatle's music to go with it and it was just so perfect. The music brings happy tears to my eyes. After we watched the DVD and gave her our gift we took her out to eat and I had some more yummy food!

On our way home in the car Dylan and I were talking more about picking out a name. We told some family that we liked Kimberly, but I wasn't set on it. My reasoning is that I thought of this name before even getting pregnant, and I do like it but it doesn't seem right for this baby. He agreed though that as pretty as it is he wasn't sure on it either. Then be mentioned the other name that I LOVED that I never even told him, so I think we will be going in a different direction. I won't share, though, until we agree on both a first name and a middle name :).

No comments:

Post a Comment