Friday, May 23, 2014

Anatomy Scan!

I would like to formally introduce our perfectly healthy baby girl, Emily Claire <3.



Our anatomy ultrasound looked her over from top to bottom. They looked at her heart, kidneys, brain, bones, umbilical cord, placenta, etc. She was in perfect health in every area, which I am beyond grateful for! Our little Emily weighs in at 9 ounces and is roughly 9 inches long from head to toe, with a heartbeat of 150 BPM. It was very hard to get a good profile picture because she was head down and right next to my hip bone hehe, the poor lady had to really push around it to get a good shot! Also my placenta is looking to be a bit away from my previous c-section scar which was a big concern of mine, so I am very happy to know that it has moved up and away from it.

This scan also helped reduce her odds of having Down Syndrome because they didn't see any issues in her organs (otherwise known as markers). So instead of 1:200 chance, I'm likely to be 1:400 now. I did have my blood taken anyway just to be sure. I should hear back from the lab in about 7-10 days. Whatever the results may be we absolutely love this girl, and are thankful that she is healthy in all areas!

My next real visit will be for another cervix check (it's still looking perfect!) in two weeks. But, if it hasn't changed at all still, I will be going every 3 weeks for checks instead. Eventually I will be tapered off of these checks if all looks good and my ultrasound visits will be less and less as time goes on. I will miss seeing her pretty face so often! I will have my cerclage removed in the office around 36-37 weeks and at that point we will see how soon thereafter will be my c-section date. I am starting to get really excited now!

Oh, back tracking a few days here, at 18 weeks and 2 days (Tuesday) I felt her really kick for the first time! Not once, but FIVE times in a row against my hand! I was a little startled by how strong they were, I didn't expect to feel them like that for a few more weeks! It was a lovely surprise. Soon Daddy will be able to feel her kick too, I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment