Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Doctor Confirmed!

I went into my appointment today expecting to get the abdominal ultrasound, but after I told the technician that I was pregnant she decided to just do an internal one to see if we could find anything. Before we started I did another pregnancy test there and it came back immediately positive. During the ultrasound they looked for the tender spot my OB found last week on my ovary which was exactly what I thought it was -- I ovulated from the left ovary and what happens is a cyst is left over after releasing the egg, and I was told that this cyst is very important for the developing baby for about 8-10 weeks (and it will eventually disappear).The cyst is about 3 cm around (which sounds kind of big but it's not bad) and it's a great size for the baby.

Aside from all of that everything looked very healthy and I had a huge sigh of relief knowing all is well! According to my last period I would be 4 weeks and 1 day today, so I didn't show anything just yet on the ultrasound, but that was expected. I was scheduled for another visit in 4 weeks to do a dating scan and hear the heartbeat. I'm very excited!! Hopefully Dylan will be able to get off of work that day so he can come with me and see our little one for the very first time <3.

1 comment: