Thursday, February 6, 2014

My Background

For anyone who doesn't know me, my name is Katariina and I am a 24 year old newlywed from Nevada. In April of 2012 I gave birth to my one and only baby girl, Evelyn may, when I was 24 weeks to the day. I had an emergency classical cut c-section because of her gestation and the fact that she was breech. To this day I still don't exactly know why I went into labor or how my water broke. She was absolutely breath-taking! 1 pound and 5 ounces and 11.75" long, with her daddy's nose and her mommy's hair. Sadly, when she was 5 weeks and 3 days old she developed NEC and it quickly took her life. My heart has been shattered into a million pieces since we lost her... I will never, ever forget the beauty of my baby girl and how she has changed our lives <3.


I was told to avoid pregnancy until at least 8 months after her birth to give my incision time to heal. In February of 2013 I was allowed to stop taking my birth control pills and let my body return to normal and let nature take it's course. It has been exactly one year since I have stopped my pills, and on the morning of February 5th 2014 I took my very first positive pregnancy test.



I went to my OB/GYN for an already scheduled annual exam and by the time they got to test me I wasn't holding enough liquid to show much on their test. But with my definitely positive home tests I was given an appointment to come back on February 12th for an ultrasound (to check on other things, it will probably not pick up on a pregnancy just yet) and a retest :). I am FRIGHTENED but thrilled knowing that I will hopefully bring our baby home. My high risk history is going to keep me worried and on my toes, but I trust that my new doctor will keep a very close eye on me.

On a side note, my husband and I got married just a few weeks ago on December 28th of 2013, so this truly is our little "honeymoon" surprise!

To anyone reading this: I wrote this post before even announcing to most of family. I hope that soon I can reveal my sweet little secret!

No comments:

Post a Comment